Here are 10 ways to keep your student engaged in spelling:
- Use magnet letters.
- Use smelly markers.
- Draw a shape or a long convoluted line and have your student write along the perimeter.
- Use character-themed letters.
- Use window markers.
- Use letter beads. I suggest using a pipecleaner to string them on instead of string.
- Have your student write really big, really small, or sideways, or upside-down.
- Allow your student to make each letter into a picture. My son loves making ‘monster letters.’
- Use letter stamps.
Have you tried something with your student that has increased their engagement in spelling class? I’d love to hear about it.