The 2016 – 2017 year has come to a close for us, but we enjoyed our last few weeks of school with a unit study of Ancient China. I made it fun — full of activities and videos.
- Read about Ancient China’s geography: Duckster, Mr. Donn.
- Watch Geography Videos on YouTube.
- Draw in the mountains, rivers, deserts, ocean, etc. on a map.
Great Wall of China
- Create your own replica of the Great Wall of China. We used ‘bricks’ made of rice krispie squares.
- Draw the Great Wall of China?
- Ask and Research: Why was the Great Wall of China built? Of what was it constructed? Can you see the Great Wall of China from space?
Writing & Calligraphy
- See your name is Chinese here.
- Practice writing Chinese characters here.
- Discover Chinese language myths here.
- Make a bamboo scroll here.
Emperors and Dynasties
- Read about the dynasties here and here.
- Read about the emperors here.
- China’s first emperor here.
- Empress Wu
- Read about Chinese fashion here.
- Look at how fashion as changed in this poster.
- Color Chinese clothes: Coloring pages here.
The Silk Road
- Draw or trace a map of the Silk Road.
- Read about it here.
Calendar and New Year
- Read and find craft ideas here and here.
- Tracing pages, games, and activities here.
- Chinese New Years Coloring Pages here.
Bookshelf: Ancient China Link Up