Memorial Weekend is coming up. It’ s a perfect opportunity to incorporate some camping-themed fun to your learning.
Here are some ideas:
- Make a pretend (or real) fire. Sit around it and tell stories. You can even take turns telling different parts, creating conflicts and resolutions.
- Write sight words on marshmallows.
- Write math equations on fish and go fishing.
- Sing camp songs.
- Go to the library and get storybooks with camping themes.
- Have students write a story about camping.
- Camping crafts here or here.
- Check out other ideas on my Camping Pinterest Board.
Bookshelf: Camping Link Up
Bookshelf is a series of subject-specific linkups. Teachers and homeschool bloggers are able to link up all related educational posts. This provides an easy reference for your school topics. Below is the camping-themed linkup.
If you have a camping-related post, be sure to link it above. Maybe you just did an camping-themed activity — upload a picture below!
Till Next Time,