This week, we…
- pet a hissing cockroach, desert gecko, and rose boa
- put on a puppet show
- learned about swans and frogs
- practiced counting to 10
- looked for animals in different biospheres
- tried to catch salmon in a river like a bear
- participated in a drum circle
- did math in a tent
- met friends at the Museum of Nature and Science for some spontaneous learning and fun!
On Monday, we joined our homeschool group at the Wildlife Experience for some fun and learning! The kids had an absolute blast! First, we explored the biospheres, an exhibit where we can walk through the different habitats and search for specific animals and plants. Then, we watched an IMAX movie called ‘Wild Mexico’ that introduced us to some of the amazing wildlife in Mexico, including — our favorites — a vegetarian jumping spider, a ‘flying’ devil ray, and a worm lizard. We ate lunch outside where the kids could run and play for a bit. After lunch, we had an ‘animal encounter’ where the kids were able to learn about and interact with a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach, a desert gecko, and a small boa. We spend the rest of the time playing in the Discovery Center, playing with puppets, dressing up like animals, and interacting with the children’s exhibits. What a great day!