This Friday we went with our Field Trip Buddies to the Tellus Science Museum in Cartersville, Ga. We had a blast. We…
- Panned for gems
- Touched Dinosaur poop
- Saw old cars and a flyer we’ve been studying in our Inventor’s lapbook
- Saw the skeleton of a mosasaur (Zookid’s favorite dinosaur)
- Touched a mosasaur tooth
- Compared space rockets
- Became a paleontologist and dug for dinosaur bones
- Explored the Periodic Table of Minerals
- Had a fun picnic in the pavilion
The Robot Zoo
One of our favorite exhibits was The Robot Zoo. Having bought the book a year or two ago, we were ecstatic to see the some of the robot animals built out. They also had some hands on activities where you could investigate how a fly’s feet stick to things or manipulate different mechanized animals skills like the eyes or tongue of a chameleon.
Happy Friday FunDay!