September was an exciting month for us. We spend the majority of the month in western Canada with family and friends to be a part of the wedding of my brother-in-law. We brought modified lessons with us as we didn’t want to bring lots of books on the plane. We laughed. We learned. We had a wonderful time.
- Made new friends
- Saw a herd of wild (but protected) buffalo
- Toured and learned about the various equipment involved in the mining processes in northern Alberta
- Played at new parks
- Saw 2 black bears
- Skipped rocks in the lake
- Read in the car… in the airport… on the plane… in the hotel… 🙂
- Played with cousins we haven’t seen in 2 years
- Cooked for a big group
- Watched an elk being prepared for the freezer
- Played in some September snow
- Saw a beaver working on his dam
- Went to the barn and learned how cows are milked
- Went to the movies
- Ate lots of Canadian treats, including poutine, Coffee Crisps, Eat Mores, Fuzzy Peaches, and Tim Horton’s.
- And, of course, joined in the happy festivities and welcomed a new member to the family.